Thursday, April 24, 2008

Polka Dots

I am a sucker for almost anything polka dot...these next three items are the newest of sassy Miss Gentry's collection! I have been doing great...FABULOUS in fact, as far as not buying my darling munchkins any new clothes. They don't need them...they REALLY don't, but my oh my, why is it SO HARD not to? I mean, really, I don't have trouble refraining from buying myself things. Could be the fact that no matter what size I am I always want to be a size smaller and things just don't fit like I want them to?! Yeah, come to think of it, that is probably it! Anyway, shopping for the kids is so much more fun and easy!

I am obsessed with Gymboree...I am. I won't lie! There are lines I TOTALLY fall in love with (can you say Cupcake Cutie from around Christmas?!) and then there are lines I am not so much into. I think I can safely and honestly say that I have bought only a couple of outfits this entire year for Gentry from there. And one for Huntler. (The boy clothes just aren't as cute!) And I have also learned my lesson that if I can bear to wait just a few weeks, they will come out with something new and the "old" goes on sale!!

Well, my friends, this time it just WASN'T gonna happen! I saw online Monday that they had a new line, Lady Daisy, and I immediately fell in love with MANY of the items. So, a big part of our trek to the mall yesterday was to check out this new line in person as soon as it hit the shelves! It did not disappoint! It took a great, great deal of self control and restraint, but the following three items are the only ones I walked away with (well, plus a couple of things for Huntler!!). I am a sucker for hats on both of my kids...always have been. I went with the intentions of getting this floppy little yellow and white polka dotted sunhat but instantly fell in love with this fabulous straw hat! And considering my young fashionista of a daughter is a lover of all things accessory, she put it on, checked herself out in the mirror, smiled ear to ear and returned to her little chair in front of the TV they have in there and continued to watch cartoons all the while donning this darling hat. Believe me, I TOTALLY see a photo shoot in that little number coming up soon!

The glasses? Enough said. She loves them. I love them. We ALL love them!

Ahhhh...the shirt. This is wear I may find myself in a bit of trouble as the next couple of years approach. It came to my attention that my sweet baby now borders on wearing some of the things from the big girl side. So we have big girl and baby girl options! Anyway, I say only some because they start at size three and she is no where near wearing that size in most things, but we all know that girls clothes are made so much differently (as in smaller and tighter!!) than boys and there are a few things she can pull off! This shirt is one of them! The hat is big girls too, but my kids have always had huge noggins so this comes as no surprise! (at Gentry's 18 month check up her head was in the 90th percentile!!)

On that note, I hope you smile at all of this fun and happy yellow and I am off to fix my hair and finish getting ready! Grandma kept the kids up late last night and everyone is still sound asleep! I, on the other hand, have been up since 5:30 a.m. I can just tell today is going to be a great day! 






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! I wish we could go shop together! I miss you

Sarah

Jules said...

Crazy cute! I just got a Gymbo coupon in the mail yesterday and threw it away to avoid temptation. But then I came to my senses and put it in my wallet. Tomorrow morning... mall here I come! My kiddos have ginormous heads too... off the percentile charts most times. Big brains right?

Laura said...

LOVE the new clothes...gosh, I can't wait to have a girl to dress up:) I had a horrible day, so I'm unwinding and catching up on your blog! Enjoy your time with Gma!
Love ya~