Monday, April 14, 2008

Crafts and Such

So, here is a little look at what I have been up to the last couple of days (other than painting, laundry, parenting, getting donations for my class reunion, and the list goes on...)!! This super cute little lunch box is actually a gift for a sweet little girl that is going to be a big sis in less than a month! It is filled with goodies that all 18 month old divas must have...bubbles, lip gloss, bubble bath and lotion! Every time Gentry sees the box, she says "cute." I am telling ya, that girl thinks EVERYTHING is cute these days! I am sure you would NEVER guess that we tell her she is cute ALL the time!!




And here is a little craft that Huntler and I made today...a snack bucket. I totally stole the idea off of Super Nanny, but we added our own special touch! I let Huntler do most of the work...I just did all the decoupaging to make the stuff stick! Oh, okay, okay, my obsessive compulsiveness did kick in and I had to guide him to where and how "we" wanted the stickers placed! But, he thought it was all him, and that is what counts!! Anyway, the "purpose" of the bucket is that you are supposed to let your kids pick out three snacks each morning and put them in the bucket and those snacks should last all day. Of course, we have nothing in the house that qualifies as a snack, so there will be a shopping trip in the next few days to restock, but once we have some granola bars, fruit snacks and other goodies, we can put our bucket to use! Now I just have to whip one up for Gentry!




And here is a quick glimpse of something I have been wanting to do forever!! I have seen these ribbon covered clips all over (and quite expensive for no more material or time than they take!) and knew that I could make them! I have more ribbon than I will ever need, so yesterday I decided to dive right in. They are far from perfect (I am an extreme perfectionist), but they are pretty darn cute if I do say so myself!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you all crafty! The clips are so CUTE! The snack bin turned out great!! See you tommarow :)

Anonymous said...

I love the little girl's lunch box. Very cute! Huntler's snack bucket being tailored to him makes me think of Timothy tailoring a wastebasket for Chris when we remodeled and he got his new room upstairs. I think when you customize something for someone, it causes you to reflect on their individual traits and makes you appreciate them all the more. And the ribbon covered hair clips - VERY SASSY! I can't get over how much you get done every day. You never stop! You seem to make every minute count. Way to go! Love, Debbie

Jules said...

The snack bucket is such a great idea. I am going to make one tomorrow! Clippies are cute too. I found a good tip to help them stay on. My youngest is a two year old baldy... poor thing. You can cut a tiny strip of the craft foam sheets (the colorful 8 1/2 x 11 ones) and glue it on the inside top of the clip. It makes a huge difference.
Love the blog!