Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"The Wall"

Remember these fabulous fabrics I purchased from Etsy last week?!! The ones I LOVE?! Well, Saturday we (okay...so Chris actually did all the work - I supervised!) got them all fastened to the canvas and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

I apologize that the pics aren't the greatest. I am still flying around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get things done and don't have the time or energy right now to crop or edit them. But, you get the idea anyway! SUPER easy to do if anyone is looking for some fun, cheap art! We bought plain ole stretched canvas from Hobby Lobby and then pulled the fabric tight and used a staple gun to apply it! It took a time or two to figure out what to do with the corners, but once Chris had that down, it went fast!!

Here is the famous brown wall! Friday night I was up LATE and when I was trying to fall asleep I had HGTV on...Color Correction. They were having this big discussion on how this mom painted everything dark to hide kid prints and smudges...so then I started panicking! However, after a few days of thinking about this, I have decided that our house is NOT too dark at all!

Here is looking up...and here is a sneak peak of the playroom! Like that yellow back there?! More pics to come hopefully this weekend of that little project! Or BIG project! Nothing around here is ever little!

A closer-up! Every time I carry Gentry up the stairs she looks at all of these and says, "Cute." Funny little thing, she is! I am super happy with how this came out! It adds SO much to our house since it is one of the first things you see when you walk in!! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE "The wall"!!!! Absolutely terrific. It adds so much - and on the dark background. Really accentuates the "Cute!" I want to ask where you get these ideas, but then I already know - it's your life! I then want to ask where you get the courage to try something so different. Then I realize when it comes to home decorating - you have no fear! Great job. Can't wait to see it up close and personal. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome!!!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Wow that came out really cute!! You should contact house beautiful your home is should be on the cover !!