In case you weren't sure, that is "I'm so excited!" and I am quoting from the mouth of a three and a half year old little boy who could hardly contain himself this morning in anticipation of waiting for Grandma Debbie to arrive!
We weren't sure if Grandma was going to be able to make it (there was a death in a family she is very close to) so we held off on telling the kids because we didn't want to break their little hearts should things not work out as planned for her trip. However, Huntler must have picked up on bits and pieces and brought it up yesterday. We told him we sure hoped that she was coming but we wouldn't know for sure until the last minute.
So, this morning he hops out of bed, makes a pit stop to check on Gentry girl (we call her that often and he has totally caught on!!) and comes running to my room that he has to potty. Typical morning. By this time I am over in Gentry girl's room so I holler back to go ahead and potty and I'll be right over. Then it hits him...he remembers Grandma and manages to forget the fact that he is about to wet his pants to come back and say, "Grandma Debbie be home soon?" Meaning, will she be here soon?
I still wasn't sure what was going on so we called Grandma and sure enough she was at the airport getting ready to board and come visit! She got to our house around 1:30 or so this afternoon and we have been BUSY today! Huntler was so 'cited he had to show her his room and his bed and his books and his toys and all of his stuff like she had never been here before! Then Gentry woke up and had a smile plastered to her face because she was so 'cited too! Grandma and the kids played for a bit and then we all loaded up and headed to the mall!
And while at the mall I actually got to try on clothes without stuffing crackers in mouths or pulling my hair out from mass chaos! We had a FUN shopping trip and the kids had a blast! While I was doing my own thing, they got to play in the play area and run around like little hooligans! WHEW! Grandma is reading stories as I type and then I think we are all headed to bed! We have a busy next few days coming up so if you don't hear much from me, it means I am taking advantage of Grandma's help and working on my class reunion stuff, Photoshop, crafts, getting my hair cut and a large number of other things that have been waiting on me! Not to mention that we hope to go to the zoo and do some fun things too! But don't give up on me...I'll be back with pics soon! I just got a new lens in the mail today and I am itching to test it out!
Tidbits Left by

No comments:
Post a Comment