Thursday, April 17, 2008

Flashback Friday!!!

Here she is...our sweet little Gentry girl at just three weeks old! We set up a mini "studio" in our bedroom to take this series of photos! It was definitely NOT professional, but we managed to pull it off!! We had a plastic tote (the big ones!) upside down at the foot of our bed. We then draped this fuzzy pink blanket over our footboard so that it hung down to the ground and acted as a backdrop. Then we piled Gentry on top of some white towels and started snapping away!

I have to be honest here and admit that Chris did the majority of the picture taking that day. I tried but was not having much luck!

She has (had?) the EXACT same markings as Huntler...the stork bite birthmarks. They both have them on their heads in the same places, on their foreheads in the same places and on their eyelids. It is amazing that two completely different babies can have the exact same birthmarks! Anyway, I was traumatized by these "angel kisses" when Huntler was born. We took him to a pediatric dermatologist and everything. Looking back, it was silly of us, but you know how it is with your first baby!

Needless to say, the marks have faded. To be honest, I don't know if you can see them at all or not? I totally overlook them and pay absolutely no attention to them, so I couldn't even tell you if they are always visible or not! I do know that they pop out and turn red when they cry or are upset though!
Tiny little newborn diapers...
This last one is the image we used on her birth announcements. Chris did all of the Photoshop work! He did a darn good job, don't ya think?!! Another little secret for all of those new readers...I knew we were having a girl but Chris didn't, so I did all of the work on the birth announcements while he was at work so he wouldn't know if they were pink or blue!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know the "behind the scenes" details on Gentry's announcement photos. Never thought about the "work/planning" that went into it. Love, Debbie