Ok...so I apologize but I can't seem to get this fabric sample down by the playroom pics where it belongs! I am not experienced enough with Blogger to "make" it do what I want, so we all just have to deal with out of order pics once again!! :)
I figured since I have slacked off so much in my blogging lately that you all might want to take a little look-see at what in the world I have been doing that has consumed my life for the last couple of weeks!! Well here it is!!
So...this first image is the fabric that I ordered online for our playroom. The theme is vintage circus and I can't wait to get this fabric and finish up the room!!

Here is our bedroom...this was actually a February project but still isn't done! ALMOST though! I am having six images edited (I am not good enough on Photoshop yet!!) for me as we speak by a fabulous photographer and once I get the files back, I'll e-mail them to the company I am using to print the canvases and viola!
This room took FOREVER!! See all those stripes?? Ay ay ay! Our walls are all textured and I had TONS of touching up to do on both sides of ALL the stripes. HOURS upon HOURS of love (and even more hours of hate!) went into that room! But, we ended up with a room that will be perfect once we get our photos hung! We are still planning on adhering a phrase of some sort in the yellow stripe above where the pictures will be, but the custom one I had picked out was pretty expensive, so we are waiting on that. No one knows it is missing but us anyway!! :)
We found our bedding at Kohls and it is great! It is such an improvement from the drab and "grandma-ish-ness" (totally made that word up!) of what we had before. Not that we don't love our grandmas, but we aren't in that age group yet!! We got lucky on the pictures above our nightstands...those came from Target's World Bazaar line and just happened to match perfectly!

Ta-da! The playroom! It looks a little bare without anything on the walls, but I wanted to share! Hopefully in the next week or two we will get our decorations up and the room will really come together! The colors are perfect and exactly what I was wanting though!
The *plan* for the big window is to create an awning with the vintage circus toile fabric I just ordered! Cross your fingers that we can figure that one out!! I'll keep ya posted!

These two little cubbies will also be covered with the same fabric... And in the background you can see the dark orange walls that were another of my recent projects! I have had the song, "Rainbow Connection" in my head for the last week because when standing in certain places in our house, you can see quite an array of different colors! So, there you have it!


Tidbits Left by

4 comments:
What a difference! How are you going to cover/hang the fabric over the 2 cubbies? Do you think the awning will make a difference in cooling the room this summer or is it just for effect? The whole room is very light and the color makes it seem playful. Will be even more so with the fabric. The kids will love it! Great job!
Debbie
I have been lucky enough to see your room in person and I will say that it is BEAUTIFUL! Great Job! The playroom colors are so nice.. they are subtle but still have such a huge impact on the room! I cant wait to see it all come together! See you soon!!
Bethany! Ha! Small world, this is the exact same fabric we have in Cooper's room. Made curtains and a bed skirt for his crib out of it. Now, just the curtains are up but I absolutely adore this fabric too. I love all the vibrant colors you are using through-out your home!
Abby :)
I love what you did with those rooms. I especially like the room with the green and yellow strpes. I might have to copy you when we find a house.
Mistie
Post a Comment